Thursday, December 18, 2008

Jayna's Date With Dad!


Today, it was JAYNA'S turn for "Date With Dad"! Andy used to just take the girls to a park or out for a little treat...and now he has changed it up a bit...less actual dates, but when he takes them out, they go all out.

Today, we pulled Jayna out of kindergarten (Thanks, Mrs. DeYoung!) so Andy could take her to Nutcracker In The Castle . Both Andy and Jayna got dressed up and Andy kept the location of the date a secret until they got to Oshkosh, after lunch. He kept giving her clues, and the final clue was "Anna Rose has one of these", and the answer was NUTCRACKER!

Those of you who know Jayna will smile at her reaction when we told her that she "got" to miss school for a date......SHE CRIED....and didn't just cry, but she SOBBED. You see, they have jobs in kindergarten and last Friday, she saw what her Monday job was going to be and figured out that on THURSDAY, today, she'd be the leader. I had to do some fast thinking on this one. I then realized that there was no way that they'd do jobs on Wednesday, the day of their program, so I told her that I was pretty sure that she wasn't going to be the leader on Thursday, but would probably be the leader on FRIDAY. That appeased her for the weekend....and now, we are faced with the possibility of a snowstorm cancelling school on Friday, so she is worried that she won't get to be the leader TOMORROW! We have told her that IF she misses out on being the leader, we will find something during Christmas break for her to LEAD the family on!

She loved her date, she beamed the whole time; she treasured all the attention from Andy. As a momento, she picked out a Nutcracker and a Nutcracker ornament.

And, for more humor, the first thing she said upon walking in the door was "Mom! Dad took pictures...for you to put on the blog!" Yep, high tech children!

Enjoy the photos!

1 comment:

Karen said...

How perfect! I love it and I am so impressed that you figured out how to insert a hyperlink for Nutcracker in the Castle! WTG!