It all started before Christmas when I saw that our local JoAnn Fabrics offered sewing classes for kids....I knew Ellie would think it was the best thing....so I enrolled her.
THEN....a few weeks later, we received a birthday invitation to Lily's 10th birthday party...and I remembered something about Lily learning to sew....We decided it would be fun to give Lily the gift of the class as well!
Tonight, Ellie and Lily spent 3 hours learning how to make their own pillowcases! They both LOVED it.
Andy went to pick up the girls and they weren't quite done. I had asked him to take *a* picture of the girls....and we all know Andy! :) Ellie said to me "Mom, he took a TON of pictures!" Andy said it was cute--Lily had finished her pillowcase and she and Ellie were working together on Ellie's and just having a lovely time.
They also had some laughs....after all, they had endured a long day:
To see the video, click HERE.Apparently they both want to take another class....hmmm...this might be one way to cut down on a preteen's clothing budget?!?!?!
1 comment:
Thanks, Katie! Lily Anne absolutely loved it! She was so excited to show me her pillowcase! What a wonderful gift from your family to her. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I love seeing the girls together.
Post a Comment