Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter 2011

Our patio door is covered in hearts!

2 weeks before Easter, I read a blog entry by a stranger who has had amazing thoughts on the Lenten "season". One of her entries was about teaching children to be CONTENT. (Are adults really even content?!) Of course, I jumped all over that one and she also had a picture of her window filled with post its!
The idea was simple--everytime you sat down to eat a meal together, you write something you are thankful for on a piece of paper and post it to your window.
I'm not sure if we are more content yet...but we are more aware of what we HAVE and how MUCH we have! This little 1 week exercise also changed our dinner talk--instead of crazy obnoxious-ness with each meal, the children would talk and talk and talk about what each person was thankful for and why they chose what they chose.
Of course, as holy week came to a close, we all realized how thankful we were (are!) for Jesus and the cross.
Our 4 kiddos do not want to stop this exercise...and they do not want their notes taken down--it means that much to them. Andy suggested making the post it notes into a book....I think that's a good idea.

Here are the 4 Glynn kids on Easter morn:

And here are the group shots:
4 Glynn kids serious, 4 Glynn kids crazy
6 Wisconsin Glynns, Grandma & Grandpa Glynn and the grandkids that were here for the holiday

We didn't take that many photos but we had a great weekend. There was much fun jumping on the "jumpoline", there was the dressing of Barbies, there was the watching of a Barbie movie (!), there was DS playing and game exchanging (forgetting even!), there was eating, there was laughing and there was worshiping....it was a fun 24 hour visit from the Illinois folk.

We also hid Easter baskets and I had to laugh at a friend's comment that her daughter felt that our baskets were "better" than theirs. Oh, the life of a child with food allergies, who grows tired of the same candy over and over....blessing in disguise for us; I now regularly shop for trinkets year round to fill baskets! The hits this year were the pipe cleaners, pom-poms, craft glue and scrapbook paper! And also, the school's book fair books that I had stashed away; the kids can never have too many books!

Andy also snapped some hilarious shots of Colin. He was on a roll, playing his air guitar and just hamming it up. What can we say? He's a goof-ball!

And like every Easter, I have to leave you with a long ago video of Ellie and Jayna singing. They used to LOVE "Miss Pattycake" and the 2nd song on this snippet is of them singing "God's Not Dead...He's ALIVE!" Click here for a blast from the past!

Christ Is Risen...He Is Risen INDEED!

No comments: