It seems like everyone I talk to is having struggles these days. Often, I end up hearing "I'm just ready for winter to be done!" or "I know the kids are acting this way because we're still cooped up inside the house!" However, we all know that storms come and go....and winter ending won't end all the storms of our life!
Today, I came upon this quote and it really touched me...
Sometimes God calms the storm ... Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms the child. Author Unknown
As an encouragement to you, think about this quote....perhaps your current storm does not need to be calmed, and perhaps it is you (me!) that needs to be calmed instead!
Happy Thursday!
3 comments:
I like that. Thanks for sharing it. I will try and think of that when I am wondering when this phase will be over with my children. It will help me to remember that just like in winter, spring, summer and fall the storms don't really stop coming, they just look different in each season.
I dunno Katie. Some times I think if this storm keeps raging... ;o) Very interesting quote!!
this is really good - thanks for reminding me that jesus who CAN calm any storm is capable of calming me in the MIDST of the storms of life...very good stuff to ponder...it's not always about what he can do, but what he wants to do in me...
Post a Comment